It’s Christmas Day 2021. Traditionally a day when the family gets together and … does whatever families that get together do when they get together.
Present score is
- Connected by phone to my elder sister.
- Connected by phone to my younger sister’s telephone which has no ‘your call is important blah blah’. Pro Tip Sheila – turn it on.
- Imagined connecting with my younger brother who apparently is still conducting a no internet, no email campaign. No old school spirit there 🙁
- Kids have organized two separate web events – one Zoom today, one Webex tomorrow. Hoping to see/hear all of them allowing for grandchild-centered emergencies
- Could this be the year my sister-in-law calls?
Looking forward to Christmas 2022 by which time everybody will be octuple vaccinated* and face-to-face becomes the ‘word of the year’. In the meantime, here are some previous WOTY winners
* not counting seasonal flu shot